A Guide to Workflow Automation Software: Why Every Business Needs It?
Workflow automation entails reducing active human participation in the workflow process. It increases productivity, makes communication more efficient, saves time, etc.
- Table of contents
"The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency" - Bill Gates
What is Workflow Automation?
A process is complete by following through a workflow of tasks. Manual processes traditionally undertake these tasks. The manual process is consistent with errors, prone to inconsistencies, and expensive. Workflow automation defines the functions in a circle and gets them done without the manual processes. It refers to the implementation of strategies without human tasks and by following pre-stated business rules. Workflow automation provides a swift and accurate completion of tasks without the inundation that comes with manual inputs.
Migrating a business to complete workflow automation requires the use of workflow automation tools. They are designs explicitly made to ease business processes and maximize business productivity. With ZapUp, work moves effortlessly among individuals and from system to system. No layer of unnecessary procedure and the risk of breakdowns get to the barest minimum. The tool is the seamless way to move your business to a new level, from paper-based redundant tasks to a sophisticated digital system.
What are Workflow Automation Tools?
Workflow automation software includes a listing of the tasks. You can arrange these tasks and connect them as needed. Workflow automation tools generate essential business documents, assign tasks, append signatures digitally, store and send data across multiple systems.
The process of migrating your business to complete workflow automation is planned, designed, and arranged to mimic the current process or improve it. The stakeholders approve this design, and the static format is then finalized. The proper workflow tool is then employed to effect this supported format. The software connects and arranges the tasks as needed. One should know who uses them
Why Does Every Business Need Workflow Automation Software?
Workflow automation is the future. Your business needs it; every business needs it. We have weighed the importance a workflow automation software holds and stated eight reasons why your business should be workflow automated.
1. Reduces errors: There is no chance of having an error-free working environment. However, the more participation of humans in work processes, the higher the chances of error. It takes skills to recognize and set errors right, but not without the errors registering its' toll on the process. The use of workflow automation software will largely mitigate the errors. The participation of humans will reduce, hence the tendencies for mistakes.
Since errors within the workflow cannot be prevented entirely, the workflow automation software easily recognizes the mistake and traces its source. Hence, making it easy for you to rectify it. Also, you can quickly identify the pattern that culminates in the error; by effecting change, you can stop the same mistake from repeating itself.
2. Connectivity is improved: Workflow automation tools connect a network of people, systems, and software. Traditionally, communication among staff is the priority. There will be an increase in people's communication with workflow automation software, but their work can also communicate. This interrelation of software increases the productivity of the business.
Since most tasks need employees to use several other software throughout a project, the automation tool runs and collects data from this software and runs a workflow between them. Data is gradually pooled and collected over time. This data can be of use to erode errors and track data. Sources of error are easily rectified, and future occurrences are avoided. Since the business automation tool shows how the workflows are, a more robust connection is formed in the team.
3. Productivity is increased: The use of business workflow software increases productivity. The difference is easily noticeable immediately after an automated workflow system is installed. Your employees smile more, and your business gets more productive. Now that the system is automated, each team can concentrate on a given and specialized task.
A lot of time spent on sending emails and updating software is saved. The wait for approval is reduced, and progress is easily monitored. The procedural layers that needed to be followed before information can reach employees are removed. Now, feedback is received as soon as possible, increasing the productivity of the team.
In case of omission in feedbacks and mails, it is now easier for a team member to send it back and expect a revert almost immediately. Since all work is done inside the business workflow software, communication in context is possible. Staff can communicate and share files within the same tool, increasing productivity.
4. Elimination of redundant manual tasks: Redundant manual tasks are removed when your business workflow is automated. A study shows that redundant manual tasks cost businesses over $5trillion in total globally. Employees spend a lot of time completing mundane tasks. Functions can be completed once with a workflow automation tool, and the software repeats these tasks automatically whenever needed.
Consider the time and resources a proper automation tool will save for your business. Now, employees need not repeat these tasks repeatedly, and the time and resources are spent on other, more necessary tasks. All you need to do is configure the tool to trigger steps based on pre-defined rules and conditions to delegate tasks automatically.
5. Juggling of multiple tasks easily: Running multiple tasks becomes easy with a business workflow automation software, regardless of the number of employees or the layers of functions. The tool makes it easy to manage requests, input data, carry out surveys, increase marketing contents, approve leaves, etc., all in a place.
As much as the requests are easily organized according to different workflow processes in a system, you can initiate several tasks at once. All can run concurrently without affecting one another. So, instead of multiple project boards, emails, or chat tools, you can easily switch from a sale confirmation tab to a marketing content tab without any delay.
6. Increased trust among staff: Workflow automation software removes several layers of workplace bureaucracy. Now employees can monitor the progress of each task personally. Hence, making it easier for employees to trust each other to complete a task. Since the software points out who is lagging almost at once, no exchange of excuses is acceptable. Each staff member knows that the complete workflow process hinges on them completing their part. Laxity reduces, and the sense of responsibility of each team member increases.
Tasks are efficiently and publicly allocated; no shadow tasks are allowed. Since the premises of each job is available to all, mutual trust increases. The same dataset is open to all, thereby removing micromanagement. Also, the decision-makers can choose to restrict certain data or sensitive information to specific teams. In all, automating your business workflow strengthens the trust and competence of your team.
7. Improved employee satisfaction: With workflow automation software, employees get to be more efficient. The software helps manage and allocate tasks, submit tasks and receive feedback, and monitor the workflow steps. This makes the work process organized and workable. With the ease that comes with the exchange of information, team members can stay in touch with each other through the work process—making it easy to give and receive a notification when a cycle is completed and when another is set to begin.
Using appropriate software eases the work process for your employee. They work better in an environment where each step is easily monitored. Immediately an operation is completed, team members need not concern themselves with reports that the software can quickly generate—the overall satisfaction of staff on completing a process increases.
8. Enhancing customer communications: You can increase your communication with customers with workflow automation software. The tool has an embedded communication interface. You can easily send and receive emails from your customers. Since every mail exchange is recorded, the software also stops you from sending repetitive emails to clients. Hence, you stand no risk of overwhelming them.
A proper business automation tool keeps the contact list, monitors their feedback, and gauges their responses to goods or services. This makes it easy for you to know how best to target these customers. Also, you will know the right strategy to employ to retain these clients and attract new clients.
4 Best Business Automation Software For You
4. Catalytic: This allows rule-based automation. The software follows pre-assigned rules to organize and assign data. Also, it synchronizes your applications into a single platform. It provides data security, monitoring, browser synchronization, and many other great features.
3. Mio: It connects Microsoft teams and slack. It enables you to create workflows, and chatboxes with employees sing Microsoft teams and WebEx. It boasts a direct messaging tool that can send the message across various platforms. It has an excellent easy to use interface and allows you to synchronize chat applications.
2. Automate.io: It can integrate over 200 cloud applications and automatically set up a workflow. The app uses bots to create the workflow, test them and assign them to employees. It has an easy-to-use interface and can assign workflow across several applications
1. ZapUp: ZapUp is the best software to remove redundancies and connect multiple applications. It enables you to assign tasks and monitor workflow from a single platform. It can handle over 30 applications at once.
Greg Little of the United States department was quoted in this tweet by Peg Husky; "I've used automation as a way to enhance people's jobs, almost as a digital assistant to make people's jobs better and do away with less stress"
Humans are error-prone. This tendency of error reduces the effectiveness of the team and also the productivity of the business overall. To maximize your business's productivity, it is vital to mitigate active human handlings in the work process. This is where workflow automation comes in.
Workflow automation is the design or structure of the work, whereby human tasks, data, and files are routed through a system on pre-defined system rules. Workflow automation does not mean humans are entirely removed from the workflow process, and it means humans are given a more overseeing role.
As put by Jensen Huang, "Software is the language of automation." The impact of an app integration software in your business cannot be overemphasized. The whole workflow process is easily monitored, and each employee can keep an eye on the progress of the tasks. Also, communication increases within the business staff and also with customers. This improves employee satisfaction and helps your business to know how best to retain customers.
Several levels of redundancies are removed, making the whole workflow process faster, and needless repetition is scrapped. There are lots of positives your business can gain from using workflow automation software. Get your business automated and witness how the workflow with ease.